Job vacancy of Human Resources Manager at britam Rwanda
About the job
The purpose of the role is to partner and provide strategic HR partnership to the CEO and country leadership to
facilitate the achievement of the Company’s Business strategy through appropriate HR interventions to business
The role holder is the single point of integration between HR and the Business. The role holder works with the HR
Functional/Specialist areas to co-craft and provides Business/Employee-centred interventions.
The role holder is also responsible for influencing and driving distinctive employee experience and culture change
initiatives as well as playing the role of an employee engagement partner, talent and capability partner,
performance, and productivity partner, and change leader in the business and functional areas supported
The role will have a dual reporting line to both the country Chief Executive Officer and Director, Human Resource.
- Strategy definition, development and implementation in line with the overall HR strategy and the Country Business Strategy.
- Enhancing the right culture and creating ownership of the organization’s values, vision and mission and lead the business culture change initiatives in line with business goals and benchmark best practices.
- Design and execution of annual action plans and human resource related budgets in line with company human resource strategy and direction.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and interprets human resources policies and procedures including managing employee welfare issues for the respective country business.
- People champion by monitoring the achievement of the business action plans against human resource milestones and key performance indicators such as employee engagement, productivity and quality of workplace.
- Alignment of work structures within the business, for example, job descriptions, organisation structures, processes and operating systems.
- Alignment of training and development needs across the country as well as develop, train, coach, motivate and evaluate for both management and functional staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Influence country management on people issues by implementing employee development initiatives and career development activities.
- Administers staff benefit schemes including Group Medical, Group Pension and Group Life Insurance.
- Ingrain the performance management culture and administering the performance aide through using the balanced scorecard methodology.
- Execute the entire recruitment and on boarding process and activities, e.g. approvals, advertisement, shortlisting, interviewing, negotiation, contract management and induction.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee separation from the company.
- Ensures the maintenance of up-to-date personnel records and statistics, both physically and online.
- Prepares monthly reports to the CEO and Group office.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Work with the Group HR Centres of Expertise on the HR Agenda on Strategic Britam HR group Projects.
Detailed HRM Responsibilities
List of material responsibilities and essential duties which must be completed in achieving the objectives
of the position.
Performance & Productivity Partner
- Facilitates continuous performance management support to line management (coaching, counselling, career development, consequence management) to ensure the performance of teams.
- Provides individualized coaching and mentorship to team leaders and targeted staff for enhanced engagement and productivity purposes.
- Tracking trends in business and employee performance and providing leaders with visibility as well as aligning the KPIs for all the partnerships regularly.
- Working with the business leadership influence the development of a high-performance culture through effective implementation of KPI focused review system with appropriate measures of success and consequence management.
- Ensure that performance expectations are clear within the business unit, both for the business in total and for individuals.
- Ensure individual objectives are aligned and supportive to achieving the overall goals of the Business.
- Ensure that line managers are equipped with the skills to coach their people to higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers and supporting the effective engagement of the said impacted staff.
- Responsible for the regular review of all the Tactical Plans for Team leaders for all partnerships to drive high performance and hold staff accountable to KPIs, – the ‘what’ and the ‘How’
- Participate in performance moderation to ensure that individual performance reflects the Company performance.
- Take ownership for the talent agenda within the business, ensuring that the talent needs both today and for the future are planned for and are in place. This will include clarity of emerging skill requirements within the business.
- Challenge the leaders within the business if the overall performance, potential, and succession plans are not adequate and develop clear action plans to address this in consultation with the
Talent & Capability specialist function
- To ensure that the business projected optimal resourcing levels are adequately met. Support all optimal resourcing initiatives impacting the business as part of the talent agenda.
- Conduct quarterly talent reviews and contribute to capabilities building in the business with guidance by the Talent & Capability function.
- Have clear visibility of all talent benches and provide guidance on how talent gaps and opportunities can be addressed or harnessed. Responsible for talent reporting within the business and at group level.
- In collaboration with specialist functions, implement structural reviews and the resourcing in impacted areas of review.
- Ensure all resourcing requirements are met timeously for the business, in consultation with the Talent & Capability function.
Employee Experience & Engagement Partner
- Together with employees and the business leadership co-craft employee-centred solutions to the People agenda matters.
- Work closely with team leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure that all tools and techniques that help drive engagement are utilized e.g., good 2-way communication channels; action plans following employee engagements surveys are robust and meaningful; use of recognition and differentiated rewards.
- Facilitation of resolution of employee engagement issues and consultatively creating sustained solutions to individual and collective employee challenges
- Regular and planned engagement sessions with team leaders and heads of departments with key HR-driven actions and clear impact measurement mechanisms, tied to performance and productivity.
- Responsible for the implementation of agreed Employee Experience and Culture Change initiatives in the business with measurable impact and outcomes.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues in collaboration and proactively invest time to understand and resolve employee relations issues within the business to identify and fully address the key underlying issues.
- Continuously provide guidance on policies and procedures in liaison with other HR functions and where necessary seek relevant application and interpretation advisory from the ER function.
Transformation/Culture Change Partner
- Play an integral role in business transformation/culture change programs within the business.
- Prompt and advise the business leadership on the effective management of change so that business performance is impacted positively by the change process and employees are treated fairly and are supportive of the change.
- Help staff to cope and appreciate change/transformation initiatives by regular visits and sessions with staff as well as collect key feedback to aid in decision making.
- Continuously benchmark against industry standards and offerings for structures, employee experience, culture programs, performance, new ways of working in collaboration with functional areas, leadership, and staff.
- Responsible for HR-driven actions for transformation projects as assigned and evidence impact and value of their contribution in the business.
Learning & Coaching Partner
- Be a coach and confidant to the business leaders and team leaders and appropriately challenge the status quo where needed.
- Accountable for ensuring that technical and functional skill development needs are properly and adequately met across the business unit or for the function.
- Liaising with the Learning & Development function to identify and address learning needs in the business.
HRM Effectiveness and Administrative Lead
- Ensure effectiveness of the overall delivery of HR services in the business.
- Ensure usage of ALL the appropriate HRM tools, including engagement plans & cadence, action trackers, templates, call reports, and evidence the contribution in the business as part of performance appraisal without fail.
Knowledge, Experience, And Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources or related field. Masters is an added advantage.
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in Human Resources; 2-3 years should be in a managerial position.
- Experience within financial services industry or a service industry.
- Proficient in HR management systems.
- A Rwandan national is preferred.
Number of Openings