FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA (Food for the Hungry)
PO BOX 911 Kigali, Rwanda
FH Association Rwanda (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development organization with a value proposition “We design, develop, and deliver catalytic solutions that build resilience so that children, families, and communities can flourish”. FH Rwanda has been implementing integrated relief and development projects in Rwanda since 1994. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo, Nyagatare, Ngororero and Karongi districts. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
FH Rwanda has adopted an integrated programming model RFTS (Resilience and Flourishing
through Systems Transformation) through 4 sectors: Livelihoods, Education, Health, and
Disaster Risk Reduction.
All we do, and how we do it, seek to promote God’s beauty, goodness, and truth in a broken world. As such, we are defined by our ability to make people’s lives measurably better; our ability to deliver impact is the measure of our collective success. For we know that we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has already prepared in advance for us to do. At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of values called Heartbeat Values.
We are seeking to hire qualified, dedicated and experienced “DRIVERS” to be based at Karongi and Bwira Area Programs. The jobholder reports to the Area Program Coordinator.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
To facilitate transportation of staff, visitors and assets to various destinations and vehicles maintenance, ensuring safety, comfort, punctuality and compliance with Traffic Laws and Regulations.
MAIN KEY RESULTS
- Facilitate transportation of staff and other visitors to various destinations as requested.
- Drive organization vehicle on scheduled routes
- Ensure the road usefulness and safety.
- Drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers.
- Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicles and other courtesies
- Fulfil special requests such us picking up and delivering items and courier as directed
- Do not sleep while driving. Do not take alcohol in the hours of working.
- Be honest, disciplined and have teamwork spirit.
- Having information on the quantity of fuel consumed and the distance covered.
- Ensure insurance covers and road licenses and inspection certificates are up to date.
- Ensure cleanliness of the assigned vehicle at all times and that the vehicle is in good condition before use.
- Carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicles to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly.
- Maintain a well-updated and fully authorized vehicle log sheet.
- Filling all forms regarding fuel distribution voucher.
- Diploma Level Certificate of Secondary Education (Senior 6)
- Having a Valid Driving license Category B and plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in driving. NGO experience in added advantage
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda. Good oral and writing skills
OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Has a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Working knowledge of Logistics and Procurement Systems
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop clear reports.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to learn new concepts and ideas, adaptable
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than Wednesday 3rd January 2024 @5pm using the following link: http://18.104.22.168/fhrwjobs/
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- If any issues are experienced, please contact us separately at firstname.lastname@example.org
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Done at Kigali on 20th December 2023
Job Vacancies of Drivers at FH ASSOCIATION RWANDA (Food for the Hungry) Deadline:Wednesday 03/01/2024 17:00