Job offer of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning at Family Health International
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Locations: Kigali, Rwanda
Time type: Full time
Deadline: 6th December 2023
The MEL Officer will provide technical, operational, administrative and logistical support to the MEL team to ensure efficient and effective planning and implementation of MEL activities. He will coordinate with other technical and operational teams in the organization of MEL and technical activities. He will participate in the technical design and implementation of MEL activities.
- Execute operational, administrative, and logistical tasks required to ensure efficient and effective implementation of MEL and technical activities
- Coordinate with other technical and operational teams in the organization of MEL activities
- Provide technical support to the MEL team in the design and implementation of MEL activities in the field.
- Contribute to the development of project M&E tools
- Lead on their digitization/programming of MEL tools to enable technology led data collection
- Work with data associate in maintaining and updating the project data management platform (DHIS 2 for education)
- Conduct school monitoring activities to collect project fidelity of implementation monitoring data
- Support the training of enumerators and project staff on M&E tools
- Support other project IRs in implementation and monitoring of technical activities such teacher training, blended learning CPD course and school level community of practices
- Contribute to development and maintenance of project dashboard
- Support IR 4 in data collection analysis and reporting of LEGRA data and use of CAMIS
- Compile project monitoring data for reporting/entering in USAID/DIS
- Conduct Data Quality Audit and spot check monitoring visits
- Participate in regular remote check-in meeting with the FHI 360 HQ-based M&E specialists when needed
- Execute other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social or behavioral sciences, statistics, mathematics, Informatics or related science, certification in a MERL-related area would also be an asset.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in M&E activities in an international organization or funded projects (e.g., USAID, FCDO, the World Bank)
- Proven experience working with donor’s representatives and counterparts in government institutions such as MINEDUC, REB, NESA, URCoE, NISR and RNEC
- Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, using either / both quantitative and qualitative Proven experience in students learning assessment adapted for lower grades
- research and dissemination of results
- Hands-on skills on creating M&E performance dashboards
- Proficiency in relevant data collection and analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, Stata R, NVivo or ATLAS.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Rwandan Education Sector will be an added advantage
- Excellent English and French reading, writing and speaking skills, and Kinyarwanda speaking and reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter attitude
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of the assignment is Kigali, Rwanda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- 10% – 25%
Date Revised: 09/13/2021
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.