Organization: Right to Play – Rwanda
Work location: Kigali, Rwanda
Authorized to work in: Rwanda (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Start Date: December 2023
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
Closing Date: 14.11.2023
Right To Play (RTP) is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we help 2.3 million children to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
The Driver reports directly to the Logistics Officer. The main responsibility of the Driver is to provide safe transport services of passengers as required ensuring that safety regulations are adhered to by all his passengers at all times.
Job Responsibility #1: Driving and Vehicle Maintenance (95% of Time):
- Provides driving services to staff and other passengers between locations as scheduled by supervisor.
- Conducts daily checks of the assigned vehicle for proper levels of fuel, motor oil, tire pressure, brakes and water level.
- Performs minor maintenance when necessary.
- Presents car in a clean and tidy manner, washing it when required.
- Maintains mileage log book and schedules regular maintenance service with approval from supervisor.
- Keeps all vehicle documents including vehicle registration, insurance, road tax, parking fees, road licenses and others, updated at all times.
- Stocks essential vehicle supplies such as first aid kit and necessary spare parts ready at all times.
- Undertakes errands to and/or from vendors, suppliers and banks as requested by supervisor.
- Reports incidents and necessary repairs to supervisor and authorities according to existing operating procedure.
Job Responsibility #2: Other tasks as assigned (5% of Time)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- High school certificate or vocational/technical school diploma
- A valid driving license with Class B
- Five (Minimum) years’ experience as a driver (carrying passengers) with a recognized organization.
- Has experience in driving officials, authorities and or Country Representative)
- Ability to follow a pre-set schedule and create a plan to reach the required destination on time
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and is flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understands and performs safe driving techniques
- Skilled in minor car repair
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Understands highway code and road rules of the country
- Good oral communication skills
- Fluency in local language. Basic reading, writing, and speaking in English is an Asset.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- First Aid training
- Previous experience working in an international organization
- Drivers school training
- Defensive Driving skills
- Advanced auto repair skills
- Advanced knowledge of security procedures in the country
WHO YOU ARE:
You are results-oriented, collaborative individual with a passion for working with children and youth. You are a highly organised person with excellent interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal check as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.