Terms of Reference for Hiring Educational Trainers
About Education Development Consult
Education development Consult (EDC) is the private and deliverables driven company legally registered in Rwanda and headquartered in Rwanda with the focus on educational support activities including but not limited to teacher Continuous professional development (CPD), training content, Inclusive and play based Teaching and Learning Materials and books development , research and assessment as well as inclusive digital learning in literacy and education technology in Africa for more information click on www.education-dc.com
To empower the young generation and communities through the development of quality and inclusive Education in Africa
To be the champion for improving the quality of education and transforming the lives of the low income families in Africa.
- Partnership: We strive to establish and sustain fruitful partnerships
- We act with honest and integrity: We strive to be true in whatever we do in all locations we operate.
- Excellence: We strive to empower and equip people to serve to the best of their ability and to develop high quality innovative models of practice that can be shared with others.
- We Care: we strive to care, protect the children and communities
- We are Team: Diverse, yet supportive, aligned and not Divide.
About the role
Both Ministry of Education National School Health Policy and Strategic Plan (2014) and the Ministry of Health Family Planning and Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health Strategic Plan (2018-2024) provides strategic guidance supporting Comprehensive Sexual Education(CSE). CSE is integrated into five subjects of the Competence-based curriculum: 2 in Primary schools (SET and Social Studies) and 3 in Secondary Schools, namely, Biology and Health Sciences, General Studies, and Communication Skills, including History and Citizenship. As part of the teacher training plan, a number of orientation sessions in CSE targeting curriculum designers and pre- and in-service teachers have to be undertaken.
To achieve this, UNESCO regional office hosted a regional training on sexuality education with the aim of improving the content and delivery across the countries in the region. The regional training built on previous efforts to support CSE scale up across the region. Since 2013, UNESCO in partnership with UNFPA have developed various resources to support delivery of sexuality education including an online training programme on sexuality education as well as an offline training for teachers on CSE. The online and offline sexuality education courses have since been updated to ensure that content is in line with the latest evidence and merging issues. UNESCO has also supported the development of Scripted Lesson Plans which have been incorporated into the in-person teacher training.
Based on the progress, UNESCO in collaboration with Rwanda basic Education Board (REB) has contracted Education Development Consult to train all tutors from Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs) starting from May 2023. REB will provide overall leadership and facilitation through CSE master trainers to deliver the training to the selected trainers, while UNESCO in close collaboration with Education Development Consult will provide Teacher Reference Materials, training module, training quality assurance, and coordination support Nationwide.
Therefore, there is a need to hire 36 well equipped and experienced trainers to cascade the trainings to all TTC tutors in Rwanda.
Objective of the training
The general objective of the training is to have knowledge on CSE Policy Context or Framework:
- Alignment of CSE to existing curricula and CSE frameworks.
- Strengthening CSE Teaching Skills.
- Linkages to Health Services.
- Coaching and mentoring of trained teachers.
Training expected outcomes
- Participants understand the CSE policy framework for their countries and the implications for CSE delivery.
- Participants improve their teaching skills on CSE by incorporating an understanding of CSE,
- Participatory teaching methods; responding to difficult questions and using scripted lesson plans.
- An action plan for their respective schools is available.
- Participants are familiar with the mentoring and guideline framework that UNESCO developed and are able to apply them with their peers during the training.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education with sciences preferably Biology, public health, medicine, social sciences and other health and education related fields. Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience delivering the similar training in sub Saharan Africa preferably in Rwanda. Working with NGOs or private sector is a plus.
- Willing to attend the training of trainers (ToTs) to be refreshed with knowledge and methodologies to deliver the training.
- Willing to travel wherever across the country to deliver the training to the beneficiaries
- Willing to deliver the trainings during the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
If you are interested please send your CV including three professional referees and motivation letter explaining your interest for the position on firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20th , 2023 at 5:00 PM Rwanda Time. For any clarifications kindly contact Dr Faustin Mugiraneza(PhD) on +250788518133
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage *
*Disclaimer: Education Development Consult does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Chief Executive Officer