Early Childhood Development Teacher,–Kigali, Rwanda
The Pharo Foundation (the ‘’Foundation”) is a privately funded entrepreneurial organization that runs philanthropic programs as well as a for-profit arm, Pharo Ventures. The Vision of the Foundation is an economically vibrant and inclusive Africa. The Mission is to achieve the Vision by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa, with a strong focus on job creation.
Established in 2011, The Foundation has been implementing numerous programs in Ethiopia and Somaliland and is in the process of expanding into Rwanda and Kenya. The strategic pillars of the Foundation are education, health, water, and agriculture. In 2020, the Foundation also established Pharo Ventures, its wholly owned social enterprise arm, with the objectives of economic value and job creation in East Africa.
The Foundation main objective of the education programme is to increase access to high-quality education in our programme areas by improving the physical learning environment of schools, enhancing the capability of educators at all levels, offering skill-enhancing trainings for job creation, and setting up and operating model schools.
Headquartered in London, the Foundation has an operational head office in Nairobi, Kenya with country offices in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa and Assosa), Somaliland (Hargeisa), and Rwanda (Kigali) with further expansion plans in Africa.
The Foundation recently secured its first Early Childhood education center in the heart of Kigali aged (3-6). It intends to create a child-centered learning center based on the learning through play philosophy.
The Foundation wishes to recruit a Kinyarwanda/English/French-speaking experienced early childhood teacher. The individual should be qualified, experienced, talented, capable and dedicated individual to join the team to make a difference.
The successful candidate will receive intensive training in the pedagogy/philosophy and teaching methods (both in-class and online). Training will include how to create and operate a child centered classroom.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must be a qualified teacher with 3 years of experience in t early childhood education.
- Kinyarwanda native speaker with a good working knowledge of English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with students, parents, teachers and support staff.
- Should be organized, energetic and self-directed, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Optimizing diversity, strong intellect and vision, aligning performance for success.
- Must be willing to live in Gasabo district.
The Pharo School –Kigali is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. For this reason, identity, security and medical checks will be required from the successful applicant.
Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, and only complete applications will be reviewed. If an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline.
- A detailed CV
- Cover letter – In your cover letter, please state where you heard about this position or saw it advertised e.g. through our website, jobs board, etc.
- An essay of between 500 and 1,000 words (maximum) that outlines;
- Your early Childhood Teaching experience and what you think makes you the most qualified candidate for this role.
- Your plan and experience in teaching children aged 3- 6 kindly provide examples from your experience, if any.
- An updated list of at least (6) referees with their name, title, current email addresses and phone numbers as follows; two supervisors, two peers, two direct reports.
- Kindly state your annual/monthly salary expectation.
- Application deadline is March 24th 2023.