6 Job Offers of Field Data Entry Officers at Research for Development (RD Rwanda)(Deadline:2023-02-27)
Research for Development (RD Rwanda) is a non-profit organization (NGO) created in 2017. It is located in Kigali City, Gasabo District, Remera Sector, with P. O. Box: 6174 Kigali-Rwanda. Website: www.rd-rwanda.org, email:email@example.com. RD Rwanda is engaged in a range of projects and activities in the field of research on disease control and prevention, education; health programs, economic development initiatives, women empowerment and support for children and adolescents with disabilities. It is against this background that RD Rwanda in collaboration with the Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) has a one year research project on Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) data collection and analysis; we are looking for fully-qualified, self-motivated candidates of high integrity who possess knowledge, skills and experience required to fill the following positions for a period of one (1) year.
Field Data Entry Officer (6)
Roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Data Manager, the Data Entry Officer will be responsible for:
- Data collection on Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP);
- Data entry on Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP);
- Assist the Health Center, Principal Investigators and Research IT and Database Manager in periodical performance reviews for data issues relating to improper performance and system usage;
- Establish and maintain several offline disease specific databases;
- Foster and support a positive working environment which is conducive to staff productivity, quality work, satisfaction and retention;
- Responsible for informing management of any identified issues/barriers at the centre regarding data collection and entry;
- Work with the biostatistician, clinicians and principal investigators to formulate several tools to improve clinical data entry;
- Communicate performance problems as they arise with Openclinic and Onchronos softwares to head of the centre and concerned principal investigator or clinician;
- Conduct reporting assessment every 3 months to identify ways to improve the reporting protocols;
- Perform any task in his/her abilities as per request of the research senior managers.
- Have high level of ethical values;
- Keep data confidentiality for patient privacy;
- A university degree completed;
- Understanding of data collection methodologies and data analysis process;
- Advanced computer and technical oriented skills, especially Excel;
- Being able to collect and compile data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, recording it in accessible manner and maintaining data bases;
- Thoroughly and methodically collecting, verifying and recording data demonstrating attention to details and identifying and correcting errors;
- Initiative and sound judgement;
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work autonomously;
- Strong communication skills;
- Efficient time management skills;
- Fast typing ability;
- Previous experience in data entry tasks will be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of English language.
- Having worked with RBC or other institutions on health field data collection
- Having CITI certificate would be added advantage.
How to apply?
All interested and qualified candidates who fulfil the requirements set here-in should submit an updated résumé, degrees, certificates and a Copy of national identity card accompanied with a cover letter addressed to the Director of Administration and Finance of RD Rwanda in one document to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th February, 2023 before 5pm Kigali time. For further clarifications, don’t hesitate to contact Paul Harorimana, RD Rwanda Project Admin, on the phone: +250788457933.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Director of Administration and Finance
Done in Kigali on 17th February, 2023