Steps followed to Apply for Jobs on LinkedIn
If you see a job that you’re interested in as you search for jobs, you can easily apply for it on LinkedIn. Based on what the job poster chooses, you’ll see an Easy Apply/Apply Now or Apply button.
Note: If you see the Apply button instead of the Easy Apply/Apply Now button, you’ll be routed to that company’s website or job board to continue the application process.
Once you apply for a job, you can’t withdraw or modify your application submitted through LinkedIn. You’ll need to directly contact the job poster through an InMail.
Here’s a tip
To apply to jobs using the Easy Apply feature, you must download the LinkedIn app.DesktopiOSAndroid
To apply for a job on LinkedIn using Easy Apply:
- Click on the job title to view details.
- Click the Easy Apply/Apply Now button at the top.
- Enter the required information in the popup screens.
- Click Review to review the application.
- Click Submit application.
Apply to Jobs Directly on LinkedIn
To make the application process faster and easier, LinkedIn offers job applications for some jobs directly on the LinkedIn site. From the job post , click Easy Apply/Apply Now to directly apply to jobs without having to leave LinkedIn.com.
Your completed application will be securely sent to the job poster.
Note: If you’ve completed an application for a role posted by a recruiting agency, then that recruiting agency may share your application with its other customers for roles that may suit your profile.
Saved answers allow you to reuse your uploaded resume and other application information for future job applications. After you complete your first job application on LinkedIn, you’ll be prompted to save your job application information.
If enabled, we’ll store and pre-fill answers for future job applications and may use the information to recommend jobs that are relevant to your qualifications. You can always review, update, and delete, information in applications before they’re submitted.
You can manage your recently used and default resumes from the Job applications settings page.
Learn more about other ways to apply for jobs on LinkedIn.
What to expect after you apply for a job
After you apply for a job on LinkedIn, the job poster will have the option to review your application. If you applied via Easy Apply/Apply Now for a job hosted on LinkedIn, you’ll receive application updates that’ll inform you when the job poster views your application or downloads your resume.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- A notification for an application view means that the job poster opened and viewed your application on LinkedIn. This can include views to your screening questions.
- A notification for a resume download means that the job poster downloaded the resume you attached to your job application. This occurs commonly when the job poster wants to view the details of your attached resume or forward the attachment to someone else in the company.
Note: An application view or a resume download doesn’t guarantee that you’ll receive a message, interview, or job offer from the job poster.
You can send an InMail to the job poster if you want to thank them for reviewing your application.